Oyin Handmade - Shampoo Bar
Write a review
Ask a question
The Grand Poo Bar is a truly succulent option in the area of non-detergent cleansing: it's made from a glycerine-rich soap base enriched with moisturizing oils and butters like castor, shea, and cocoa. The poo bar is a gentle, low-lather cleanser that leaves hair clean without the stripped, dried-out feeling left by many detergent-based shampoos. Some of my testers even stated that they didn't need to use conditioner afterward! Simple to use & with a mildly herbal/citrus scent.
purified water, glycerin, sodium stearate and sodium oleate (mild foaming/cleansing agents derived from vegetable oils), sorbitol, stearic acid, lauric acid, african black soap, cocoa butter, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, coconut oil, lavender, rosemary & citrus oils.
How to use a solid shampoo bar:
1. – thoroughly saturate hair… to sopping, soaking wet. i find the wetter the hair, the easier for lather to distribute.
2. – section hair sloppily and rub the poo bar on your scalp. alternate lathering method: rub the bar into a lather in your hands and then apply the lather directly.
3. -put poo bar down and use hands to work into a lather. be gentle, keeping the hair lather concentrated on your scalp at this time.
4. – DO NOT do that ‘shampoo commercial’ thing and make one big pile of sudsy hair on top of your head. if your hair is highly textured, coily, or curly, this can be a recipe for intense tangling!
5. – instead, maintain your sloppy sections and slowly work the lather around the scalp and out/down to the ends of your hair. use your fingers – not your nails – to massage your scalp firmly.
rinse well. again using the pads of your fingers on your scalp.
6. – all done washing! this point is a great time to add conditioner and detangle.